Jack Chicken & Veggies with Rice pilaf-9 points

This is by far one of my favorite recipes. I like flavor and lots of it. This recipe never fails me.

Chicken-4 points or however many ounces you want.
Pepper Jack Cheese- 2 points for one slice (Great Value brand. 12 slices in a pack)
Veggies- 0 (make sure you use a LOT to fill you up. And while we're at it lets just admit they're YUMMY!)
Rice Pilaf- 3 points for 1/2C. For me its totally worth it.

Marinade chicken breasts in:
2T soy sauce
2T lime juice
2T vinegar
2T oil
1T minced onion
1 clove garlic
1/2 t. sugar
~Don't be scared by how many ingredients there are. It's super quick and you probably have them all in your kitchen.

I like to put the chicken in the marinade just after breakfast so it can get nice and tasty. Depending on how much chicken I'm doing I may double the marinade.

Grill chicken on the top shelf of the BBQ. Give it about 10 minutes each side on medium heat.

While the chicken is grilling cut up bell pepper (any or all colors), yellow onion, and mushrooms all into strips. Put about 1/2t. - 1t. oil in a pan and saute the veggies on medium heat. To get them crunchy but a little soft I like to add some water to them, they soften up immediately.

When the chicken is done on the grill bring them inside and lay them on a cookie sheet. Lay a slice of pepper jack cheese on each chicken breast, cover with TONS of veggies and broil until cheese is melted.

Serve with Rice Pilaf

No comments: